Here are our Golden Rules:
1. Don’t be a jerk. You know ’em when you see ’em. Please avoid falling into this demographic at all costs.
2. Please feel free to weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
3. We especially welcome sharing users’ experiences with various credit card products and travel redemptions. As a community, we learn from one another and help to contribute to all the things that make travel-hacking fun!
4. Constructive criticism and feedback is always welcome. Spot a typo or an error? Bad grammar? Let us know and we will correct it ASAP – this site is mostly a labor of love and we do not have a room-full of monkeys with typewriters or a million proofreaders. Mistakes unfortunately can slip through the cracks, but how you point them out makes a huge difference.
5. Don’t feed the trolls and spammers. Downvote and flag comments instead.
6. The following are comments that are not welcome and will be policed:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. There is a difference between pointing out a helpful link or resource and hijacking a comment thread to promote your ‘work from home 2 hours a day and make 1,000,000$’ ad;
- Impersonating the host, authors, or other commenters;
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t bother to read the content. That goes double for questions about content that was explicitly covered only a few mouse scrolls above your comment;
- Hijacking conversations to promote off-topic commentary, including but not limited to politics, religion, or pictures of your pet;
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the host, authors, or other commenters;
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, and other related ‘-isms. This is a quick route to getting banned or deleted.;
- Trolling. Please stay under your bridge, Bilbo.